BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 08:51:49 -0600
Jim,

I always have to refresh my memory on where flush and straight fall in
relationship to each other.  Thank you your attentive and timely
correction.

May I suggest that "royal flush" is a type of "straight-flush" and
royal or not, its one hell of a hand.  I believe I had one
once...luckily three guys at the table didn't know me well enough to
know that my expression was not indigestion, but the supreme effort
being used to stifle that big shit eating grin.  My best friend was at
the table...he folded.  It was tough playing with him at the table.
Sure was glad the other guys drank too much.  I was braking a serious
poker rule at the time, playing with money I could not afford to loose.
  Its like fishing, if times are hard enough, you get good in a hurry.

As for my understanding of politics, you might want to look to our
poker disagreements.  I frequently misplace a detail, I rarely
misinterpret a concept.  I'll quickly concede a detail, or several
details, and will willingly revisit a concept, but you are going to
have your handsful persuading me that my concept is faulty.  But please
do.  I take pride in my conceptual understanding of things and seek
opportunities to make sure they are reasonable.

But give up the direct vs. representative democracy issue.

-jc