BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 12:19:01 -0500

02/08/2000 09:59:01 AM ----------

Please respond to "BP - \"Infarct a Laptop Daily\""

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  Re: A propensity for propinquity

My fault.  I confused propinquity with propensity.  (I do that a lot.)

According to the American College Dictionary, "propensity 1. natural
or habitual inclination or tendency: a propensity to find fault."
So...old men may well have a propensity toward procrastination and
sloth just as BULLMANKA PINHEADS may well have a propensity to find
fault.

  "Propinquity" on the other hand is indeed "1. nearness in place;
proximity."

Therefore, for the record, Jerry Lewis stated, ""Nine apathetic,
sympathetic, diabetic old men on roller skates with a marked
propensity toward procrastination and sloth."  Just after, "Eight
brass monkeys from the ancient sacred crypts of Egypt." etc. etc.

The (Make sure mind is in gear before setting mouth into motion.) Rev.