BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:48:23 -0400
Well, being also an Ithaca native (only follows, since I'm ][<en's little
sister), I can say that I washed dishes at a little house in a small town
just outside of Ithaca, called Besemer.  Not up to the standards of the
rest of you, but I had my share of cleaning up after my father (who also
happened to do something electrical at the synchrotron - I like Creighton's
dad's idea.  I have a jug of Round Up to finish using with my sprayer, so
let me know when you're ready).

Although I went to Jr. High at the new Dewitt Jr. High School, I used to
hang out at the old one after it became the Dewitt Mall - thought the
toilets that flushed automatically once you stood up were cool - not like
the new fangled electric eye ones in many shopping malls, theaters and
airports across the country these days.  It was a little disconcerting the
first time the seat moved when I sat down, though).  Been to the Moosewood
a lot of times and have many of their cookbooks.  Never found a recipe for
sheet.  Unfortunately, the Samadhara was gone when I was there in December.
I missed the smells!

- Pam
---------------------- Forwarded by Pam Blythe on 08/27/99 05:40 PM
---------------------------
 [log in to unmask] writes:
The memory of the synchrotron reminded me of
my childhood also wandering around in labs full of mystery...
My late dad once
had a plan to follow the course of the ring of the synchrotron, which was
built under an athletic field, with round up ( a herbicide). He figured a
large, slightly toasted looking shadow, would have lots of phones ringing.

I washed dishes at IC 30 years ago.
---------------------- Forwarded by Pam Blythe on 08/27/99 05:40 PM
---------------------------

Ken Follett writes:

Me to.

][<en
---------------------- Forwarded by Pam Blythe on 08/27/99 05:40 PM
---------------------------

Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]> on 08/24/99 03:07:38 AM
I too washed dishes, at Cornell's Home Ec. Caf., 42 years ago.

---------------------- Forwarded by Pam Blythe on 08/27/99 05:40 PM
---------------------------
Ken Follett writes:
Had friends at Samadhara & the Guitar Workshop.

][<en
---------------------- Forwarded by Pam Blythe on 08/27/99 05:40 PM

Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]> on 08/24/99 11:32:12 AM
In my DeWitt Junior High School days (cc '66-'70) the Moosewood was a...

P.S.  I did my dishwashing at Camp Barton, the Boy Scout camp north of
Taughannock Falls State Park on Cayuga Lake, though a woman on my paper
route, Galetti Chacona (Greek, I think, or maybe Italian), with connections
in the restaurant business offered to get me a dishwashing job if I wanted
it...