BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:23:20 -0800
Leland,  I think most of the chestnut died of the blight or whatever before
I was born.  This fall some of us went to see a big ole chestnut tree off
on a back road that had bags tied on it over the nuts.  Some govt. agency
was gathering the nuts to plant as that tree was apparently immune to the
blight.

We don't have too many hickory or butternut either and they don't seem to
grow very large.  My uncle was always looking for yellow birch to make ox
yokes out of.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT