BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"J.A. Drew Diaz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:27:48 -0500
Ken Follett wrote:

> In a message dated 9/22/99 3:44:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> > By writing Well.
>
> Redneck Cowboy,
>
> Don't hold back. I know you got great stories to share. I also know you got a
> great book list.
>
> Shaman

My last 3 reads:

Have Gun Will Travel: The Spectacular Rise and Violent Fall of Death Row Records
by Ronin Ro
Now Suge Knight is a guy willing to go the extra yard in business- If
negotiations weren't going his way he wasn't above sodomizing his adversary or
throwing them a serious pistol whipping or even shooting them. Take that you "Way
of the Sword" reading Yuppie wimp.  If the whole business weren't so deadly the
juvenility of the Crips/Bloods Red/Blue EastCoast/WestCoast feud would be
hilarious.

Tough Jews: Fathers, Sons, and Gangster Dreams by Rich Cohen who is evidently the
son of the man who wrote "How to negotiate Any thing" [& a good friend of Larry
King's] - tough immigrants in NYC & environs- who knew that 1/2 of Murder
Incorporated was Jewish?

Everybody Pays by Andrew Vachs- Terse writing from the abyss- can't say I'm
fonder of his new hero?? Cross than I was of Burke. The amazing thing about Vachs
is that there is NO HUMOR whatsoever in his books- See note in re Gangster Rap
Murder Above.

It's curious that today I picked up "'Tis" it will be worth the Read if there is
one quote in the book on a par with McCourt's brother's observation to the
doctor, after his mother's death [Angela] to the effect that

"We come from a long line of dead people.."

DD