BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 07:42:19 -0500
Candy -

When I first moved to NYC, I worked with a woman who was born and bred
there.  One day, she was telling a story about how she worked near the
Empire State building, but never knew where she was in relation to it.  It
wasn't until after she had left that job that one day a friend came to
visit and asked to go see the ESB.  She was surprized when she discovered
she'd been walking right by it every day on her way from the train to the
office and back again.  Sometimes it pays not only to look in one's own
backyard, but looking up it a pretty neat view, too.

- Pam, always looking skyward

on  02/26/99 08:18:02 PM tourists never go to their own backyard anyway -
It's not that the grass is greener elsewhere, it's just that we can "always
see what is close by - and do it another day".