BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:38:40 -0500
On 12/15/2009 9:37 AM, Mary Tegel wrote:
> Is this chumming?
Mary,

Well maybe slightly, we like chums, and fish, particularly flounder. But
we really do have to fake a used fireplace as per the example.
I think it would be worthwhile to get learned input on the process
before it is all done with rather than wait until it is done then have
the conservator show up after-the-fact with a critique.
I am real tired of professional decision makers showing up like magical
puppets after the crime with all sorts of neat ideas.
Let them speak now. The blackening will be irreversible, sort of, short
of rebuilding from scratch.
And there is an engineer designing the firebox. And it is custom gas.
Or, as one respondent to a letter I wrote to a local newspaper, "We have
never seen anyone switch there position so often so quickly from one
side to the other in the middle of their sentences."

As to bubblegum sidewalks I will have to find that one... it did merit
mention in Preservation November/December 1998.

][<en