BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 12:59:28 -0400
My uncle Leon, a SeaBee, was also happier to occupy Japan when they
were not shooting.

Dad was on Guam, repairing teletypes, his Army Air Force "trade",
regardless of his prior Airplane Mechanic trade in civilian life.  He
probably would have stayed on Guam, a base for many of the B29's that
bombed Japan.  Without the "bomb", the US would have proceeded to drop
millions of smaller bombs, undoubtedly making old houses extremely rare
in Japan.

The last plane to bomb Japan, which happened after Nagasaki and after
they capitulated, left from Guam but could not be recalled because of
continued radio silence.  I have photos that my dad took of this B29.

Steve Stokowski
Stone Products Consultants