BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that Ruth calls "Pluto's spider-hole."
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:06:55 -0200
Rudy,

Hubert & crew are currently working on installing GE silicone tape
Ultraspan on a large skylight (75' x 40' +/-) w/ GE Silpruf sealant in
Ossining. Talk to them when you see them in NOLA. I wld send pics but
can't on BP. We used to always use urethanes but our counsultant out of
Dallas on this project does not like them in particular because they
tend to melt out of the joints in the southern heat. We have also, on a
TTG project used Dow Corning silicone sealants for metal to glass
joints. Don't forget that you need a bond breaker tape for 2-point
adhesion. If you need some of that let us know how many feet and how
wide. There are also urethane-silicone hybrids. Read the spec data
sheets, you can find them online, and figure out if a primer is needed,
or not.

Likeklihood of the formed cap stock being available is zero. Get ahold
of a break and learn somebody to solder.

I would NOT bother connecting w/ any of the NYC skylight fabricators for
what you need. They are mostly into stock production and if they are not
you can't afford them.

A few years back, and Twybil will back us up, we fabricated from scratch
a 15' x 15' aluminum pyramidal skylight. Vanessa, our welder, liked to
blow smoke up your ass. A dangerous young woman for sure. A Texan w/ a
mouth like two sailors.

][<en