BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:09:09 -0500
Ruth Barton wrote:

>There are two movies I have never been able to watch that everyone else
>seems to like--"The Wizzard of Oz" and "Fiddler on the Roof."

The "Wizard of Oz" gives me nightmares.
You might like, though, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding."
My mother took me to see it in an obscure theater in an obscure town
called Dewitt.
We have a shared past with Greek families. My mom was best friends with
Mr.s Nefarus' daughter... I don't remember her name.
Mrs. Nefarus owned the store nextdoor to The Palms and across the street
from Johnnies Big Red Grill in College town in Ithaca.
My Uncle Petrillous, his family owned Johnnies. CT Brown is a fellow
alumnus of The Palms.
My mom met her husband in Johnnies... she thought he was funny.
As a kid I used to hang out in the house at the Nefarus residence above
the store.
Last time I saw Mrs. Nefarus she was going to teach me to make real
Greek yogurt.
Last time I saw her grandson was outside the store when he sold me four
hits of two-way acid that I promptly ate.
That was the last time I took acid. I did eventually learn to make
yogurt... but ale is more fun.

][<en