BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:21:20 +0100
Barbara

Pseudo light-hearted response follows:

One of the local building diagnosticians promulgates a theory which says that the rate and frequency of failures on any given building is directly proportional to the number of architectural awards won by that building.

This suggests that preservation of failed materials will become increasingly important due to the proliferation of award systems ...

More importantly, does it suggest that award-winning buildings are poorly detailed from a construction sense - for example, all those clean crisp lines and flat surfaces are terrible at water-shedding.

As I've finished my breakfast, I will respond to the rest of your email once I've thought about it some more.

Cheers

david