BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 11:47:10 -0800
Picturesque story, John!

Re. the stack-log firewood pile, do you play the game we architecture
students played up here at a group-rented cabin beside the lake, the game of
making a stack-wood corbelled dome about 10 or 12 feet in diameter, walls
about 4 feet high, dome first, filled with firewood later.   The practise
began after seeing the local farm tradition of stacking firewood in a domish
pile, "to shed the water" said the farmer.   The archy students loved the
form and decided to reverse the building process.

Would love to see yours.

cp in bc
(not enough snow for igloos, so we used fire wood logs)