BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:56:52 -0400
Time Machine or Architectural Folly?
What our great-great grandkids have to look forward to?
Where is my rocket pack when I need it?
I certainly hope the courtyard is in better condition then when I last
saw it.
PS1 is a kool place for for fairly happening art.
Last time I saw my friend John Ahearn
<http://www.artnet.com/magazine_pre2000/reviews/ebony/ebony%288%2911-12-1.asp>
was there when he was doing a show.

][<

P.S.1’s 25th Century Makeover

While some architects crank out buildings like so many modernist
toasters, others are captivated by the sheer potential and intellectual
theory of lived spaces. It should be obvious that the collective known
as Xefirotarch belongs to the latter school, having garnered the coveted
Young Architects Program award to redesign the courtyard of P.S.1 prior
to the annual WarmUp music series. The end result will be a
pitch-perfect synthesis of stimuli, with the project (known in
futuristic shorthand as “SUR”) acting as the environment for a summer’s
worth of music and schmoozing. Constructed from fiberglass, aluminum,
rubber, and innovative lighting fixtures, the complex is an experiment
that puts the art back in architecture. Its designers claim it will have
“the flair of a circus and the ambience of a playground,” which we think
sounds like the perfect way to satisfy your highbrow inner child.

Xefirotarch’s “SUR”
12pm Sunday, June 26
P.S. 1 Contemporary Art Center, 22-25 Jackson Ave
Long Island City, NY.

718.784.2084