BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "It's a bit disgusting, but a great experience...." -- Squirrel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:54:16 -0400
> Next computer I get will quite likely be a Mac--running whatever other
> browser has managed to survive IE's onslaught. =

Wait until after the new Mac operating system, OS X (ten), is introduced
this January before you buy a new Mac.  It is going to radically change the
desktop computing market.  Built on a UNIX kernel (Geeknerds like UNIX), it
will be able to run the Mac GUI (Graphical User Interface) in native
language (Power PC chip), old Mac software (Motorola 68K chips and older) in
emulation faster than they ran native, and will be able to run Windows,
Linux, UNIX, whatever.  It will be memory-protected (when a software program
chokes, it will not freeze the whole machine).

Sorry as you are now that you didn't buy Apple stock when it was $12 a
share, you'll really be sorry in a year (note: this is not investment
advice.  No prospectus has been issued).
Dan Becker,  Executive Director      "Oh joy!  Rapture!  Now
Raleigh Historic                               I have a brain!"
Districts Commission                                   - Scarecrow