BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Is this the list with all the ivy haters?"
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:18:41 EST
In a message dated 12/31/99 10:37:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< We suspect
 the glass is fragmented with heat, probably by placing a large flat sheet of
 hot metal just a fraction of an inch above the sheet of glass. After it
 shatters the third pane of glass is laid on top and glazed into the sash
 holding the fragments in place. >>

Neat. Sounds like a little like pan-fried marbles... we crazed them by
dipping them into ice cold water after we'd "fried" them in a dry iron
skillet. The rapid change in temperature fractured the glass.