BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"T. Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:16:13 -0500
jcarriker wrote:

> I am researching a term paper about Building Codes and Historic Preservation
> and
> am looking for ANY SOURCES OF INFO on this topic. Any input or help would be
> appreciated.

Mary Krugman just sent some info on New Jersey Code.  I'll give you my
understanding of the background on the new sub code.  New Jersey has a statewide
uniform construction code that is modeled on BOCA(http://www.bocai.org/) code
and is administered by the Department of Community
Affairs(http://www.state.nj.us/dca/dcahome.htm).  Realizing that the
construction code, while suitable for new construction, often contained
requirements that were destructive to important elements of historic properties
the DCA attempted to develop a subcode that could be used with historic
property.  As Mary said it was introduced in 1998.  There doesn't seem to be
anything on-line but below is the address and phone number I got from the web
site.  They produced a helpful guide to the subcode that you may want to see.
You might also find information at the International Code Council web
site(http://www.intlcode.org/).

New Jersey Department of Community Affairs
Division of Codes and Standard
Bureau of Code Services
PO Box 816
Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0816

UNIFORM CONSTRUCTION CODE PUBLICATIONS
TYPE OF ASSISTANCE: Administrative.
publications, including the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code, yearly
subscription service, Lead Hazard Evaluation and Abatement Code, Municipal
Procedures Manual, the Residential Site Improvement Standards and the Rehab
Subcode.
ASSISTANCE PROVIDED TO: Municipalities, code officials, attorneys, architects,
engineers, and the general public.
CONTACT: (609) 292-7899

>  my source list

It was very resourceful of you to find the BP list.  Will you be including it in
your source list? ;^)