BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:31:09 -0400
>In a message dated 9/30/98 9:30:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
>writes:
>
>> How about B-P Love it and Leave it.
>
>If the HP content does not increase this is what we can expect. I've had at
>least one BP subscriber jump ship stating that 90% of the content is BS and
>not worth the 10% of HP material. You know what? The universe does not care.
>
>My feelings are hurt not because the 90:10 may be true, or not true, depending
>on how you care to see a lie today, as for the fact that I am identified as
>responsible for the content. The content of this list is in direct
>relationship to the contributions of the subscribers. If you do not like the
>content then please take the positive action of contributing content that you
>do like. Nobody is responsible for what you get here except yourself.
>
>But please do not take the negative action of bumming me out by projecting
>your frustrated desires on my psyche. If you all assume that I am controlling
>the content of your messages then so be it.
>
>My intent is to respond to the content as best as I know how. I never
>expressed, and I will never express, that it is my intent to solve anyone's
>problems or present brilliant solutions to your HP needs. I'm like all of us
>-- I'm trying to get through the day and I thought that BP, relevant or not,
>would be an interesting tool to share for all of us to get through the day,
>and night, together.

You mean to tell me that we now need a tertiary alternative to the
alternative to the serious list?

Jumpin' Jehosophat!  Holy Stromboli!  Good grief!  I got a boatload of
serious here everyday, and even though I can't get a beer out of this
machine (well almost, see http://www.virtualbeer.com/home/vb.html ), I
gotta say that for the relief I get here, and the knowledge that when I
need some serious support to a technical question I can depend on it here,
'I love you, maa-aan' [this is a generic 'maa-aan' intended to apply to all
denizens, not specifically Ken, more a plaintive term of endearment for
y'all].

I'm gonna post the charter for those that didn't read it the first time.

Dan Becker,  Exec. Dir.       Much like the Lorax who speaks
Raleigh Historic                    for the trees
Districts Commission          I speak for the buildings and
[log in to unmask]                 even for Mies...
            DISCLAIMER:          ...But my views may not be
                                               RHDC's