BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 14:16:36 -0500
The phone rang and I new right away it was a telemarketer...(decent
folks are all out to lunch, or surfing the net at that time).  So I
reached for the unOfficial Pinhead Anti-Telemarketing Guide and
Preservation of Tranquil Environments Brief and steeled myself for the
coming dialog.  But wait!  Its the Wall Street Journal!  (I like the
Journal, even if people point to that as one more piece of evidence that
my liberal credentials are slipping away and my center of gravity is
moving to the right.  [forward would be more accurate])  AND they don't
require that I send the card back in order to cancel the free four week
subscription.  What's this all about?  Is it really free?  Has the game
changed?  I guess we will find out in four weeks.

Meanwhile I'll keep the guide handy for less sophisticated Marketeer who
choose to interupt my solitude during the work day.

-jc