BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 19:00:33 -0600
Reaction?!

And the qualified engineer will  address the inadequate ventilation how?  Or
shall we begin with what symptoms did the owner observe when he thought it was
inadequate ventilation and that a qualified engineer should address it?  How
can the vinyl not make the moisture trapped in the walls of the structure worse
if it hides the symptoms from observation?  Painting old wood siding is not the
answer to what?  It certainly is the answer to failed paint on old wood siding!

So what would I recommend if a building wall had trapped moisture and had been
covered with vinyl?  Get the vinyl off and maintain the wood and the paint!

"Maintenance Free", the Toothe Fairey and Free Lunch.

-jc