BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Popkin Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Preservationist Protection Program <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:37:49 -0400

        Well, perhaps so, but now with one notable exception:  "Tick Hall,"
the Cavett House reconstruction in Montauk, was as good as it gets.  The NY
State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (SHPO) and NY
Heritage Partnership agreed.  On May 17, the project received one of five NY
State Historic Preservation Awards -- The Commissioner's Annual Private
Sector Achievement Award.  The certificate is a bit gaudy to look at, but
their intentions were in the right place, and it was quite happily received.

        BTW -- The Cavetts decided NOT to paint the house white again.

        Bruce Popkin (Modest Co-recipient)