BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that Ruth calls "Pluto's spider-hole."
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:50:34 -0200
Brian,

Lol... I continue to feel that the strategy of having the war on
terrorism over there in Iraq will only extend the conflict as if we had
it here we would all have got it over with a hell of a lot sooner. Then
again I wonder if it is not here already just that the Ozman is making
us think it is elsewhere. Like that time the guys landed on the moon and
I spent the next two months asking everyone why they did not think it
was trick photography.

I got a phone call w/in minutes of the incident that first-responder
vehicles were streaming west on the LIE. [Which goes to my developing
theory of rapidly spreading Collective Psychosis through the
communications technology... you stubb your toe and within minutes the
whole world of interpersonal networks is worried shitless.] Our
neighbor, knowing that we have done two projects on 72nd Street was
concerned that I was on the scene in a bad way -- though I was actually
hanging in my office shed sorta behind her house doing 'paperwork'. She
is also the one who stands in her back yard when there are flashing
lights at night in the neighborhood telling the UFO's that they got the
wrong house.... she wants to get beamed up something terrible. Talk
about flying with aliens let alone amateurs. Her son is our favorite Marine.

A week or so after 9-11 there was a yellow Ryder truck that was stopped
I think at the Midtown Tunnel. It was absolutely incredible the amount
of panic that was generated from a non-incident. That is why they call
it terrorism.

Not for nothing but since 9-11 I have altered my life & work style to
mostly avoid Manhattan/Brooklyn and we are increasingly doing projects
in the 70-90 mile range from ground zero. I have not much problem really
with Manhattan, I do have a problem with mass emotional hysteria. I
can't always handle the contact high.

I promised Kathy that when I get my peealots license - no time soon - I
won't fly over Manhattan. Now, if it had been an ultralight in a
cornfield in PA do you think anyone would notice?

][<en