BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:14:16 -0500
Myles just came up, wandered around my desk for a few moments.  New
behavior for him.  He usually stays away during the work day.  Spyder
likes to make sure I get started on time.  Sometimes Sparky will take
her afternoon nap beside me.

I have managed to clear away some of the pile of books and folders and
stuff from the work area where I keep the stuff I'm actually trying to
work on and I was for some reason glad to have his company, so I
cleared a little more by the window and opened the blinds.  Natuarly he
plopped down on the papers I really am trying to work on.

He doesn't read well, but he got the point and moved back toward the
window and is studying the pond.  We've both forgotton the long months
when it was covered in ice and the days were short and dark.

The fence still needs to be painted.  The world has turned green.  The
pond is smoothe.  The neighbors lawns do not look manicured from this
perspective.

The biggest challenge for me has not been the fact that I knew and
probably still know, nothing about starting, planning or running a
business.  The most difficult challenge has been managing that rascal
John Callan.  Nice guy, means well, but he's interested in everything
and is constantly courting disaster.  He draws funny too.

But geez!  Get out of the basement!  Life is too short!  Build a
gazebo, or put up a tent in the garden!  This isn't supposed to be
punishment!

Hey, Myles is gone.  I got to get some work done.

-jc