BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 08:14:28 -0800
John,  I don't know who you were addressing in this message but, as for me,
I have been called many things but 'sophisticate," whimpering or not, is
definitely not one of them!!!!

As to the cold, yes it was -25F, or there abouts here yesterday.  I put on
longjohns in the morning and suffered most of the day with being too warm.
My husband puts on longjohns in Oct and wears them till about April, (not
the same ones) and can't understand that I rarely wear them.

I find that the amount of moisture in the air as well as the wind, or lack
thereof, has a lot to do with how cold it feels.

I have very clear memories of standing out waiting for the school bus in
1950s with temps -35 or so.  In those days females were required to wear
skirts to school as well.  Sometimes the bus didn't come too promptly
either!!!!!  Builds character.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT