BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:15:42 -0500
Do you mean to imply that CM's as a group are somehow less astute than
contractors in terms of understanding market forces?  What market force drove
the client to think he/she needs the CM for protection from that nasty old
contractor?  Could it be that the market forces drove the owner to downsize
his/her construction knowledge right out into the street and to create a void
for the CM to fill?

You cannot reduce risk by contracting out knowledge.
-jc