BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:32:10 -0500
If Mr. Leeke had not suggested that I work safely, I might be done with
the second side.  So, if I don't figure out how to get at the last part
of the second side before the snow arrives, its on your head Mr. Leeke!
  I'm sure I could have found an unsafe way to do it!

Okay, I got a bumped out lower roof...maybe 6 feet wide, and the main
wall goes up another 8'+/-.  (The roofing is an embarrassment...turns
out there are things I don't know about roofing, but that's another
story.)  Anyway, the granuals are loose and walking on the roof has to
be kept to a minimum...both because the roof can be easily damaged,
some more, and because I don't want to slip and fall off the roof.

So it seems to me that I need to hang some sort of a plank off the
ladder and rest the other side on the lower roof, walk out on the plank
and scrape and prime and paint like a mad man.  Is what I'm describing
called a ladder-jack and a roof jack?  Can I rent such a thing?

Maybe this would be just the rational I need to justify some climbing
gear and maybe a few more rock climbing lessons.

-jc

784 Deerwood Circle
Lino Lakes, Minnesota  55014-5433
The United States of America