BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:34:56 -0500
Coat hooks, schmoat hooks!  Goodness gracious!  If we hadn't solved some
of the bigger problems, then I would be responding to things like, "why
can't I open the stall door past the toilet?" and "why aren't there any
Men's toilets on the main floor?" and "where is the coat check room?"
etc.  There are some things that just didn't happen.  But, hey, the
acoustics are excellent, the colors and lighting are breathtaking, and
it is comfortable at the upper reaches of the upper balcony. Annual Folk
Festival this weekend should be lots of fun, can't wait!  Larry, go pick
on some other budget-crunched theater...and I'll pass along your
comments, as appropriate, and let you know if I get a definitive answer.

New Flash!!!

Coat hooks are being installed this week.  They will be "wardrobe hooks"
mounted on the marble between the stalls.  However, these are being
added by request, as the original Hill did not have hooks; they relied
on the coat check, which we have indeed lost to providing more toilet
rooms, etc.

Any other complaints? and don't say anything about leg room at certain
seat locations.  We're working on that, too.

Thanks.

And, Ken, I've put in a request for funds for your brickthrough lecture,
but can't be optimistic.  Next year is Eastern's 25th anniversary of the
preservation program, so perhaps for that....

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA

219 1/2 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104
www.quinnevans.com
v 734.663.5888
f 734.663.5044

Date:    Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:01:18 -0500
From:    "Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: This is a brick

Ken:

I'll see if the preservation club at Eastern would sponsor a trip for
you, meaning airfare.  I can provide the dinner and cheap room, in a
historic house with one teensy masonry or foundation problem, to round
out the experience.  Y'all kin come, too, and make it a Midwestern B-P
event.

If I'm a pinhead, then that makes me respectable, I guess.  Thanks. =20

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA

219 1/2 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104