BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
adaptive re-use is from the department of repetitive redundancy division <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 06:46:32 -0500
>> True family story. Natives on the Allegheny Reservation in Western NY
>> were relocated for the Kinzua Dam. New houses were built for them
>> with electric power, and heat, that I understand was to be free of
>> charge.
> We have friends at that rez.
Rudy,

I know we have spoken of this before but I will add to it. My stepfather
(Jim & Pam's father) was born at Salamanca. Up until he was about 12 or
so as he had blue eyes he was groomed as a Shaman. Our great
grandmother, as far as I can garnish from a family history that seems to
want to bury itself, was Seneca. Somewhere along in there our
Grandfather went from pool shark to spokesman for Jesus. His father was
a fireman on the railroad... when it was steam. Salamanca was an
important juncture for the railroads and the cradle of the oil industry.
Home of Standard Oil until the refinery burned down... talk about black
smoke. Reason enough for the locals to think it was White Man's air.
Thus towns like Wellsville. There is also in there a connection on
Grandmother's side of Scottish stonemasons, brothers who worked on the
Erie Canal and then as they got to Western, NY, and the end of the
project, went into the local  furniture business and somehow one branch
ended up in ship hardware in Cleveland. As I related in-family recently
I remember going to a family reunion in Wellsville more than 50 years
ago that was held in a large park. There was the mysterious family from
Cleveland that showed up in a large black car. Never saw them again.
Then again, I also mentioned that I hope they were not Family in Black
and that I need regressive hypnosis to uncover my true memories of a
Shirley McLaine kinda past life. That was also back, I am told, at a
time in my life when I had an imaginary friend that I talked to all day
long.

Not sure if it was the last treaty broken... my way of looking at it is
they are broken anew every day.

][<