BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Magma Charta Erupts Weakly"
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:39:33 EDT
In a message dated 09/24/1999 5:25:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Is this the place where you get to go down in the coal mine? If so, great
>  place, worth the visit.

I think the one in Scranton is the one that has the coal mine tour. Honestly
I haven't been to either one, but I have the brochures on hand here at the
office-- I just can't imagine that a museum on the history of coal mining
wouldn't have SOME kind of resources for that type of research.

I remember there is also a mining tour somewhere in northern NJ, as I recall
from my days staffing at the local Convention and Visitors Bureau... but I
don't think that one is nearly as large as the one in PA. I seem to remember
the one in NJ features different kinds of phosphorescent rock.

I keep promising myself that *someday* I'll get a chance to visit some of
these esoteric museums that I've seen advertized, but haven't as yet made the
time. Perhaps now is the moment.

-Heidi