BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Royal Order of Lacunae Pluggers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:08:44 EST
My son-and-heir wants a "working class" job this summer.  Ideal job: deckhand
on a Great Lakes ore carrier, the job I got in 1971.  (I've told him he'll
never see a more beautiful night sky than that over Lake Superior.)  Last
summer he worked for a contractor in Martha's Vineyard, where all the
carpenter's have PhD's and the roofers publish poetry.

He's working on the Great Lakes deal, but...any other ideas?  Not wanted:
service job, office job, retail job.  Fresh air important, will travel.