BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 23:52:44 -0800
Dear Ruth,
It would be fun to put faces to the e-voices.

Ithaca, the centre of the world, is one hour south of Syracuse and only a
little more that a couple of hours from the edge of Vermont.   As Ralph
almost says, if you have an Ithaca Calendar Clock, nothing else really
matters, because you have a fortune on your hands.   (I was lucky to inherit
one.)    The only thing better, in some minds, is an Ithaca Shotgun.   It
was a fun place to grow up - cows with glass walls on their stomachs,
raunchy Icelandic literature and atomic research all mixed up together.
There were interesting people all around.   My best friend in grade school
came to class crying one day saying that his favourite family friends, the
Rosenbergs, some nice people who always stayed at his house when they came
to town to talk
with his father, were put to death that day because of some silly thing.  He
was very sad.

On the way to Ithaca, you could pass through Cuyler, NY and pay homage to
some ancestors.

cp in bc