BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:34:01 -0600
text/plain (1663 bytes) , text/enriched (1652 bytes) , John Callan, AIA.vcf (588 bytes) , John Callan, AIA.vcf (588 bytes) , text/plain (-1 MB) , text/enriched (-1 MB) , text/plain (-1 MB)
At about Peter's age I learned that hiking and canoe tripping with my
old man was the cheapest way to go.  He had one of them fancy American
Express cards.  I suppose he still does.

Estimates seem reasonable.  Might want to increase the food if he wants
to stick to dehydrated meals, which he probably should for the most
remote parts of the trip.  He can reduce lodging in those same
stretches.

If I were you, I'd find a way to join him for some part of the trip.
But of course if I could follow my own advice I'd be off to hike in the
Rockies with Patrick the last two summers!  But I am hoping to sneak
off to Voyageurs for a week of Kayaking with him in the spring...after
the ice, before the mosquitos...maybe not a week...maybe 24 hours.

-jc

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html>