BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:52:48 -0800
> You have to love the DC3, it will see it's centennial, still flying.

I first fell in love on a DC3.   I was traveling from LaGuardia to Ithaca
alone by air.   The flight involved stops at Scranton, Binghamton, Elmira
and finally Ithaca.   At each stop there was a change of stewardess, and
each one wrote a little letter about me to pass on to the next one, telling
of my interests and of the conversation we had just been having.   After
their cabin duties were finished, they each sat with me and allowed me to
enter the adult world of traveler's conversation.   They were all stunningly
beautiful, to my eight year old eyes, and I had never known such wonderful
personal attention combined with adult conversation and respect before.   I
fell head over heals for the last one, with beautiful soft fluffy blond
hair, as the endless flight from Elmira to Ithaca wound its way between and
around giant colourful late afternoon cumulus clouds that looked like
Michelangelo's version of Heaven.   With her hair on one side of me and the
similarly coloured clouds on the other, that DC3 flight was paradise.

Memories are like restoration.   Even though they allow some semblance of
the original experience to remain alive, they are inevitably detached from
the complete environment of the original environment and must live amidst a
shifted paradigm.    Stewardesses today are just not as pretty and personal
as those on the DC3.

cp still flying high in bc