BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 21:52:04 -0800
My grandmother's cousin's husband's brother managed a farm for a guy by the
name of Saltenstall away off down in Massachusetts somewhere.  We saw them
at funerals every once in a while.  Ruth

BTW:  Up this way the "Confederate" flag is used by the younger guys just
to turn the crank of the older generation of "officialdom", my oldest son
included. They don't give a shit about racism one way or the other.  I am
on the board of the local high school.  Some black feller came in to the
last meeting wanting us to ban the flag from vehicles in the school parking
lot, etc.  We just told him it was a freedom of speech thing and let it go
at that.  It's right up there with hair style, piercing of various body
parts, etc.  Just something to raise blood pressure in the previous
generations, in a word REBELLION.  That's what youth is for.  Ruth

I was young once myself--how about you.

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT