BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "BullaPinmankaheaders"
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:00:57 EST
In a message dated 11/17/99 11:48:40 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> a client who doesn't want the black stains removed from the
>  limestone because they relate to how the wind blows

Jim,

I'm glad you said this as I do have a problem relating to customer's
perception of "clean" on limestone facades in particular. The problem gets to
the point that we don't get paid for work well done. I usually want to stop
cleaning somewhere short of what the customer expects, and that is about as
much effort in cleaning as I put in the proposal cost. I write the proposals
as clearly as possible to say how much effort we will put into the cleaning,
but these customers if they do not like the cleaning usually are not willing
to adhere to the word of the proposal. I've been trying to figure out how to
read the customers regarding "clean" before I get to this point in the
project, or even before agreeing to give them a proposal. From what you are
saying I get an idea that a person's relationship to nature will have
something to do with their perception of when a limestone facade is cleaned.
If a building owner allows the black stains, which are an interaction between
the natural material of the facade and the nature surrounding, then can it be
assumed they are more attuned to a sensitivity toward nature in general? I
suppose I should just jump in with the initial customer interview and ask
them how they feel about the plight of Monarch butterflies.

][<en