BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Harendza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 14:42:54 EDT
In a message dated 5/28/99 2:04:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Treasure hunt? In that case I suggest stuffing in a bunch of beanie babies,
>  slapping up a multicolored EIFS, then filling the cavities with expanding
>  urethane foam. The only problem then will be trimming the excess foam that
>  comes out the top beneath the 1960's historic wall-to-wall carpeting.
>  Possibly on the day of installation the owner can hire a bunch of kids to
> run
>  around on the upper floor and squish any errant blisters.

What do you think future preservationeers will oooh and ahhhh over? Any
predictions for what will be historically 'interesting' 100 years from now?
(I started pondering this because I think that an 'original' shag carpeting
installation from the 1970's will be a pretty rare commodity by then.)

-Heidi