BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Cagnetta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:04:46 -0500
I have had the distinct pleasure of working with many women in the field
over the years.  I have found a fairly distinct difference between men
and women, that being attention to detail.  Perhaps it is from our
"gender raising", where men are taught to be competative, quick and
efficient, and women are taught to be open, and more attentive to
details.  Granted, not everyone falls into gender specific stereoptypes,
but some women have been inquisitive, formulating solutions based on all
information available.  Also, their skills have grown slightly faster
than men.  Perhaps it is from this gender raising, where it is not taboo
to ask alot of questions.  Yet I have also run into men and women that
just will never get it, mentally or physically.  I find it refreshing,
this "non-traditional" job training, as well as what they have to offer
on the site.  The can be just as crude, and drink just as much.  So
fitting in doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

And to justify the ratios, I am teaching a group project at Roger
Williams with 8 women and 2 men.  There ya go.

Rob