BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 19:55:02 -0800
We're just used to it.  Yesterday I was happily out and about wearing a
dress and no coat, it was a balmy 9F above.  True, I wasn't out for long at
a time but my sister was doing the same and bundled up in her coat each
time.  I can't be bothered with all that dressing and undressing just to go
out for a few minutes.  Ruth

At 10:43 AM -0500 2/4/09, Kennedy, Patrick (Heritage Council wrote:
West KY got hammered with the ice and they still have over enormous number
of folks without power.  Paducah in far west Ky had a curfew for a period
of time.

I'm in N Central KY and we are doing pretty well here.  Only a few spots
still without electric.  I'm still walking 1/4 mile to the house but other
wise ok now.

For a couple of days I  had to put on the tire chains (which of course work
great) to get out to the big road.

Looks like the big thaw is coming soon.

How do you all up North cope with this every year?

pk
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT