BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 12:43:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/4/98 10:47:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< And I lost a lot of hope that any small family business was going to
 weather the storms as many of us 40-somethings begin to get tired,  and
 our folks (partners) begin to get sick........

I was told last week about an 80's collapse of a concrete building in CT that
wiped out the CT concrete builders in one shot, mostly Portugese and from an
extended family. No workers to supplement those that died, the concrete hi-
rise industry in CT went into hibernation. I find these examples not important
for being gruesome, but as extreme illustrations that the resource of trade
craft needs to be maintained.

][<en