BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:06:17 EST
The room where the daggers and pistils and other weppins is kept is
interestin. Among this collection of choice cutlery I notist the bow and arrer
which those hot-heded old chaps used to conduct battles with. It is quite like
the bow and arrer used at this day by certin tribes of American Injuns, and
they shoot 'em off with such a excellent precision that I almost sigh'd to be
a Injun, when I was in the Rocky Mountain regin. They are a pleasant lot them
Injuns. Mr. Cooper and Dr. Catlin have told us of the red man's wonerful
eloquence, and I found it so. Our party was stopt on the plains of Utah by a
band a Shoshones, whose chief said, "Brothers! the pale-face is welcome.
Brothers! the sun is sinkin in the West, and Warra-bucky-she will soon cease
speakin. Brothers! the poor red man belongs to a race which is fast becomin
extink." He then whooped in a shrill manner, stole all our blankets and
whisky, and fled to the primeval forest to conceal his emotions.

Artemus Ward 1866