BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:56:52 EST
In a message dated 12/3/99 9:24:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> I suggest you suspend it from a weather balloon with its lift carefully
>  calibrated to balance the weight of the chair.  It can then become a real
>  conversation piece:  Roslyn meets Roswell.  But check your numbers twice;
>  might otherwise be too newsworthy an item as an entry for the Darwin
Awards.

>  Will you be including a custom lawn ornament with this?  I'm thinking of a
>  thirty foot tall rubber-clad metal-wire beer can holder.  Red of course.
>  Surely with your contacts fabrication will be no problem.

Dan,

As with ballooners of the Civil War getting themselves caught up in trees,
and with us being surrounded by oaks, I'll stick with simple polyprop rope
rigging. I must admit though the custom lawn ornament does sound like a neat
accessory -- I can combine it with surround sound of Yoko Ono wailing...
though on second thought my neighbor's may take it as whales mating and
accuse me of being an ecology freak.

][<en