BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:46:09 -0800
Ken,

Your wonderful kids chaos learning theory is right up there beside Toffler's
"Future Shock".   I am saving it for a Children's Museum planning
discussion.

As to radiation, the stuff that came over Ithaca was publicly tracked all
the way from the ground level tests in Nevada.   Each day the national radio
news would tell us where the nuclear cloud was that day and which way it was
heading.    When in your area, you were advised to stay indoors.   The s...
really hit the fan when the cow's milk in Wisconsin turned out to be too
radioactive to drink because of the fallout radiation in the grass the cows
had been eating.    The big news was about all that valuable Wisconsin milk
that had to be dumped.    The never spoken news was about where they dumped
it.    I guess, as long as it wasn't in a human gut, it was out there in
nature, and everyone knew that Man had been given domination over nature, so
we were now safe.   Funny how that milk dumping story was never completed in
those days the way it would be chased down by reporters and
environmentalists today.   I suppose it all went down the Great Lakes sewer.

About then, a guy living just up the road near Ellis Hollow, a really
intelligent fellow several years ahead of me in school went off to Alaska to
some college unknown to the Cornellians.   When he returned for the holidays
and was asked what he was studying, he said an odd word no one had heard
before, "Ecology".   No one at the gathering knew what that was, and when he
talked about salmon and habitat, it all seemed very weird and terribly
esoteric.

cp from Ellis Hollow