BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - "the place where the heavy conservationists hang out"
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 18:04:52 -0400
BP travelers:

I'm going south for a few days at the end of August.  What's not to be
missed in Buenos Aires?  What do they have to appeal to an architect/
preservationist/conservator/bluegrasser?

There is an international conference focusing on the turn of the century
(the Scientific Committee of the International Conference Architecture
Culture by 1900).   Yes, 1900 not 2000.  Beaux Art, culture, architecture,
the whole mildew, oops, milieu.  I'm presenting "Tragedy and Triumph,
Decline and Renewal: New York's Grand Central Terminal".  I hope to have
time to snoop around.

Thanks.--Jim