BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 21:06:16 -0600
I've always thought it was everything but living organisms that
destroyed treated lumber.  Neither rot, nor bacteria could deal with the
poisen.  Is it actually rot, you know, the soft mushy stuff like damp
sawdust, or is it just splintering in tiny pieces?  I wonder if over
time the poisen leeches out and the rot can get started?  I've never
seen it.

One thing, you've confirmed my decision not to use treated lumber in the
garden.

-jc