BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 09:57:16 -0500
Maybe I'm just slow, but isn't a good thing that people realize that
some beloved stuff goes away no matter what you do, and that some stuff
goes away because of what isn't done?  I'm not claiming that this rock
formation could have or should have been maintained, only that other
things will disappear if they are not maintained, and its good that
people who love stuff understand that its all temporal.

Sure a hooligraphic restoration would be cool.  But I'd leave that to
those hooligans with hooligraphic skills.  I'd rather see a stone mason
working with stone...unless he's still sore from building chimneys, in
which case it would be nice to seem him teaching and supervising.

-jc

(Name that mood?!  I can't.)