BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:28:59 -0800
I hope he doesn't get lost either but somehow doubt he will.  He has lived
in this house for nearly all of his 84 years.  The milkhouse light usually
goes on about 6:30 or so but the rooster starts crowin' 'bout 5.  We don't
generally get our milk til night milking though.  That's about 7.  The
farmer also has a business repairing milking equipment so he may be away as
he covers all of New England.  If he's away his daughter does the milking
and she doesn't get around as early since she has to work away from the
farm also.  Farming doesn't pay the bills anymore.

Here's another farm story:  The old farmer won a million dollars in the
lottery.  The newspaper sent a reporter who asked him what he was going to
do with the money and the farmer replied that he guessed he'd just keep
farming til it was all gone.  Now that's a sad but true farm story for the
modern age.  Everybody likes to eat but nobody wants to pay the farmer a
living wage.  Ruth

At 11:54 AM -0500 1/15/03, Ken Follett wrote:
You want a REAL cow story

Ruth,

A wonderful cow story! I certainly hope that your Dad does not get lost
searching for his milk. At what time in the morning do you see the
milkhouse light on?

][<en

--
Ruth Barton