BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 11:07:18 -0400
>On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Pam Blythe wrote:
>
>> However,
>> I've found I'm not normal - most programmers can't compose an English
>> sentence to save their lives.

Even funnier, neither can most architects.  I was horrified as I went
through design school.  The spelling is atrocious.  So they make up funny
abbreviations for common building components with which to label their
drawings, hoping that when someone comes across one of their more egregious
misspellings, the person will think it's just another architectural
abbreviation.

Next, we'll introduce the Apostrophe Fairie.

Dan Becker
Executive Director, Raleigh Historic Districts Commission