BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 05:13:27 -0400
Rudy R Christian wrote:
> Wouldn't you be surprised if some big thundercloud reached down and grabbed you the next time you were cleaning up some nice little mess it had made?
Been there, done that, remind me not to ever keel over near you!

Histo Presto content: You present a good argument for staying away from
the Katrina aftermath.

A week before 9/11 I was sitting on a plaza down near the twin towers,
waiting to go in for a deposition at a nearby building. In the concrete
park there were some sparrows flitting around looking for scraps. Even
Cod looks after the sparrows. Who am I to say that if a small bird comes
and talks to me that I should not help it? Then I threw bread. My
ancestors would be very unhappy if they heard that I was leaving the
baby birds to be eaten by the cats. Just as much as we could have left
the mysteriously presented dead cat on our front-yard walk last week to
wait for it to be disposed of by Cod. But Mudslide was real busy trying
to lick it back into life and we were not so sure that the cat had not
been poisoned by a neighbor.

"Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for
herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of
hosts, my King and my God." (Ps. lxxxiv. 3)

At least I'm not trying to save some old building.

][<en