BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv which takes flossing seriously! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 22:42:35 -0700
HEy youse guys!!!!!!!  Whazup????  Haven't heard from this list for so long
I had all but forgotten about it.  Where's that Humor Czar guy, out waitin'
for my dues in his mailbox??  Gotta get some banter goin' here, I'm fallin'
asleep out here in the boonies, we don't even have the usual display of
fall foliage to keep me goin'.  Ruth

At 9:55 AM -0500 10/7/05, John Callan wrote:
I used a plug-cutter bit on my drill, hoping to take a nice clean piece out
of a log that would keep the finish layers intact.  It didn't work.  The
first several rotations destroyed the finishes.  Nice hole, but not what I
was after.  Yes, I can and have taken samples with pocket knife.  I'm sure
a scalpel would work marvelously.  But, I was so hoping for something neat,
tidy and uniform.

So, is it the wrong tool? Wrong speed? Or lack of skill with the tool?

-jc

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT