BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yes, we set off an A-bomb but we are really sorry about it.
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:38:30 -0200
Pyrate,

I agree w/ Christopher on Keillors impromptu stamina. Though PHC is not
high lit it is not sposed to be. Think more in terms of maintaining the
breath of radio drama... that we still have a ear to listen with and
that it is not overcome with moving images. There is high lit out and
about (not to be confused w/ the academic & creative writing program
stuff), but it has never been all that popular as a contemporary
activity once radio, movies & television came into their own. Besides
all that, most of my relatives, and mostly from a Midwest agrarian
background or the railroad, most of my life have never had any taste
much higher than PHC. Reading is an acquired habit. I will readily admit
that Keillor as an author of written work though is pretty poor stuff.
Myself, for radio I prefer Wait Wait Don't Tell Me or Click n' Clack (I
will sit in a parked car to listen to these). But now w/ XM I tend to
listen to CNN, BBC, Audio Visions (some sort of new age stuff that does
not tax the brain, or the X-Comedy channel. Then, there is all the
podcast audio revolution going on. People all over the place making
audio serial broadcasts. Some of them are topical temporary volatile
crap, and some of them are absolutely hilarious and worthy of remembrance.

It is too cold here to be standing around outside today. And I need to

][<