BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 16:48:47 -0500
Ain't no lurker, just a bit quiet lately...

The ones used on the project I am working on (we did not design the
mechanicals) are by "New Heat". The contractor told me they are laid on a
cured dry set mud bed then receive a thinset application on top with the
stone or tile laid on top - I don't know how the floor is actually "held in
place". Cost is my question - including running the electrical heating
element. The client in this house is spending >$30 million to buy and
renovate so cost is not an issue.

Eric Hammarberg
Director of Preservation
Sr. Associate